Simon Schama's Power of Art


I have been waiting for this for over 2 years! Since 2008, when the BBC Documentary Simon Schama's Power of Art first aired on PBS HD and TVOntario (I missed it altogether,) I have been keeping one eye open for it. I had finally all but given up, when 2 weeks ago, surfing the channels at midnight...there it was! Again, I've missed the first 5 episodes, but at least I have seen enough to know that I'm definitely ordering the DVD. (or, my birthday is coming up!!!) The first episode I watched was number 6/8, Van Gogh's Wheatfield with Crows, and it was absolutely worth the wait. Episode 7 was Picasso's Guernica, next week Mark Rothco's Black on Maroon. Definitely check it out, Monday night at midnight on "K:"  Beautiful. Here's a clip, but you really have to watch it in HD. Opening title music is Beethoven's piano Sonata # 14 in C sharp minor. Another favorite...there's still occasionally something worth watching on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...